Monday, June 4, 2007

My Biggest Change

There was one major change that took place in me at First Steps To Success. I became a Christian again!

See, I grew up in church, my Dad was a preacher. I had always considered myself a christian. I tried to be a good person and I tried to raise my kids with good values. I said goodnight prayers before bed every night with the kids. We even went to church every once in a while.

All of that meant nothing because I had walked away from God and I hadn't even realized it. I did all of those things because I thought that's what I was supposed to do. I was trying to be a good Mom. Not because that was the life that I was living.

I didn't have a personal relationship with my Heavenly Father. He wants that personal one on one with each and every one of us. I didn't have that with Him. In fact, until First Steps, I had only felt His presence one other time in my life that I can remember. That was when I was about 12 years old and I went to church camp.

OK, I am not going to start preaching to you now. I just wanted to add this so that you would have some background on me. In my heart I know that I am exactly where I am supposed to be. I was brought to this business and to this wonderful group for a reason!

No comments: