Monday, June 4, 2007

First Steps -- To Things Changing!

In June I decided to take my Coastal Business seriously. I had been on the training calls, even though I never participated, off and on throughout the year. I really thought that if all of these other people could be successful with this business, so could I.

I talked to my director and I told her that I was ready to get back to work. I didn't know how I was going to make it happen, but I was definitely going to give it another try.

She told me that I needed to go to First Steps To Success -- a Dani Johnson conference. The conference was going to be right here in VA Beach that month. I already knew who Dani Johnson was. I listened to some of her free pre-recorded calls on the internet when I had time. I liked her and I had wanted to go to one of her live events for some time. The problem was, we didn't have the money!

I knew that I needed to go, but I couldn't scrape enough money together to make it. My director, Donna, called me out of the blue one evening the week of the First Steps and told me to check my email. She had paid for my ticket to the conference! I still owe her to this day for that one!

Patsy and I ended up going to First Steps together. We split a hotel room and we had a truly life changing weekend!

Now, I could tell you all about the conference, but I won't. I will just tell you that if you have not been, you need to go! It doesn't matter what you do for a living, you will benefit from the conference!

I personally will never be the same. I am definitely changed for the better. Everyone around me saw the difference as soon as I got back home.

No comments: