Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Summer Day

Summer is here, full force. I love the Summer. I love spending long days outside. On a typical day I sit back in the lawn chair and get my work done while the kids are playing. Sometimes I even take a book out there, it all depends on how hot it is and if the kids are keeping themselves occupied!

This week we have VBS. The kids absolutely love it and so do I -- I get 2 1/2 hours of free time!!! Since I have the free time, this week I started reading a new book - Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki and Sharon Lechter. I have only read the first 3 chapters, but so far I highly recommend it!

I was on our team forum call this morning. I am getting my Diamond Directorship and co-hosting the forum call is one of the requirements. I absolutely love doing the forum calls! One of the ladies there was concerned because she wasn't getting the results that she had expected with her advertising. I wanted to touch on this for a moment...

I think the issue is that today is a beautiful Summer day!

People tend to do more in the Summer. There are ball games, cookouts, trips to the beach, VBS, day camps, not to mention going on vacation! Most of us already lead busy lives, Summer just compounds that with longer days and warmer weather.

When you are getting back to someone who has requested information and you don't get in touch with them, it's not you! It's just life keeping that person busy. Do your job, make the phone call and send an email. Be consistent and persistent. If the person is truly interested, they will get in touch with you or they will answer the phone the next time you give them a call.

We are planting seeds. The people that we are talking to now will be the people that get involved in the next 30 - 60 days. Do not give up! There are many home business owners out there that will put their business to the side during the Summer. Do not be one of those people. The people that are asking for your help now are just as serious as the people who were asking for help 3 months ago. It is our job to help those who are willing to help themselves!

Is short, don't take it personally! It's Summer time! Definitely keep on working toward your goals. Get outside and enjoy the weather. And remember, you can always do both at the same time like I do :-)

2 comments:

Paper Fan Club said...

Great post. Summer just has a way of making you slow down, take a deep breath and thank God for all the little things, doesn't it?

Lora Moore said...

It sure does! :-)