Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Resolutions


Everywhere I go I hear talk about New Years Resolutions. In the past I haven't done much with New Years resolutions. I didn't think I needed a new year to come around to know when I needed to change something. Around here resolutions were made on an as needed basis.

Having said that, I do understand why so many resolutions are made during this season. What better time to make a change than a new year? I have to say, this past year flew by! There were things that I thought I would have had accomplished by this time, but I haven't. I read once that the word procrastination isn't really a word at all. Someone made it up to make themselves feel better. All I have to say is, for a made up word, I sure am good at it!

I thought that by now my husband would have been able to quit his job. That hasn't happened. I thought that by now we would have paid off our house. Nope, haven't done that either. Since I have been working from home I have gained more weight than I want to admit. I'm still in my ideal weight range, it's just made up of fat instead of muscle (there's my first resolution for this year!)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaigning. A lot has been accomplished this year. I do have a lot to be proud of. I can just see where I need to do some fine-tuning. I am happy with our life now. I haven't worked outside of the house in over a year. I have more than replaced my annual salary (working a LOT less hours). I have the time freedom that I was searching for. Now it's time to move on and work on other things.

Having said that, here are my New Years resolutions:

1. As a family we are going to work on becoming healthier. We are going to become more active and start using Isagenix.

2. I am going to start using a schedule. I have been telling people to use a schedule for a long time, but I've been really bad at sticking to it!

3. I am going to work on becoming a better leader to my Coastal team. I want each and every one of them to become even more successful than I am. I feel like I have slacked off with the business considerably the last few months (if you keep up with my blog you've already noticed that!).

I would love to know what your resolutions are for this year, leave me a comment and let me know!

I truly want to make 2008 great, won't you make it great with me?

No comments: